Religion For Life can be heard on the following stations:
WETS-FM/HD-1 (89.5 MHz) Johnson City, TN Thursdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 2 pm.
WEHC-FM (90.7 MHz) Emory, VA Mondays at 1 pm, Sundays at noon, and Wednesdays at 6:30 pm.
WHAN (1430AM/102.9 FM) Ashland, VA Sundays at 11 am.
- The podcast of my conversation with Gary Laderman, Sacred Matters. Not your mama's religion (or maybe it is...) religionforlife.podomatic.com/entry/2013-06-… 2 days ago
- An exciting two part conversation begins this week with Sir Lloyd Geering, The Last Western Heretic! #pcusa religionforlife.me/2013/06/17/llo… 2 days ago
- Here is the podcast of my interview with @candidamoss about Christian persecution. Was it for real? #pcusa religionforlife.podomatic.com/entry/2013-06-… 1 week ago
- This week, Gary Laderman, author of "Sacred Matters" war, Oprah, baseball, NASCAR--it's all religious #pcusa religionforlife.me/2013/06/10/gar… 1 week ago
- This week @candidamoss about her new book, The Myth of Persecution. Xtians made it up... #pcusa religionforlife.me/2013/06/03/can… 2 weeks ago
Author Archives: johnshuck
This is the first of an exciting two-part conversation with Sir Lloyd Geering. He is a radical theologian from New Zealand. He was tried for heresy in 1967 and his life and theological contributions have been noted in the … Continue reading
The fastest growing religious group in the United States is the “nones,” those who claim no religious affiliation. Does this mean people are no longer religious? Not so says Gary Laderman, professor of religion at Emory University and editor of … Continue reading
It is assumed in the popular imagination that early Christians were persecuted for their beliefs. Thousands of stories of saints who were persecuted because of their religious convictions flood Christian literature. But were Christians persecuted historically or was this mythology … Continue reading
This is the second interview with Marcus Borg. In the first conversation, we discussed his latest book, Evolution of the Word: The New Testament in the Order the Books Were Written. In this discussion he tackles the big issues, … Continue reading
Religion scholars, Linda Schearing (Gonzaga) and Valarie Ziegler (DePauw) take us back to the garden to show how American culture is obsessed with Eden. In their popular and enticing book, Enticed By Eden: How Western Culture Uses, Confuses, (and Sometimes … Continue reading
I first heard about Mo Sabri when I saw this article in the Johnson City Press. I invited him to speak with me on Religion For Life. Mo Sabri is an ETSU student, a hip-hop artist, and a Muslim who … Continue reading
Robert Cornwall is a Disciples of Christ minister and church historian. He is the pastor of the Central Woodward Christian Church in Troy, Michigan and he blogs at Ponderings on a Faith Journey. He is the author of Ultimate Allegiance: … Continue reading
Ted Olson is a Professor of Appalachian Studies at East Tennessee State University. He has published a collection of poems called Revelations. This is a magnificent collection of poetry that touches on spirituality, nature, family, and music. Maurice Manning writes … Continue reading
Ted Olson teaches Appalachian Studies at East Tennessee State University. He has been nominated for three Grammy Awards. Two nominations in 2012 for The Bristol Sessions 1927-1928 – The Big Bang of Country Music and another nomination in 2013 for … Continue reading
The Christian religion is changing. Everything is on the table including the Bible. My guest, Dr. Hal Taussig, professor at Union Theological Seminary in New York City and pastor at Chestnut Hill United Methodist Church in Philadelphia is the editor … Continue reading